I owe Cassie two, now. ;) Yay, and I am so pleased you’re enjoying the books! I hope you will like Untold.
I wrote Demon’s Lexicon before Cassie wrote City of Glass, where Sebastian makes his first appearance, and yet of course Sebastian was in Cassie’s Dark Plans, so I don’t think either of us influenced the other.
My love for Nick does explain why as soon as I read City of Glass, I demoted Simon from position of top Mortal Instruments favourite to second favourite (anyway Maureen Johnson would kill me if I tried anything) and started yelping on incessantly about ‘my baby, my babyyyyyy, my poor little demon babyyyyyy.’
Holly Black agrees with me on this point: the difference between Nick and Sebastian (well, there are many) but a very large influence on their differences is nurture over nature. Which I super believe in. Demony nature, HANDLEABLE. I say. But one must invest love and care and not be a megalomaniac. That’s important demon-baby-rearing advice.
Cassie and I may have ended up influencing each other, of course, as we have had many debates about demon babies, over the years.
SARAH: YOU’VE GOT TO LOVE YOUR DEMON BABY!
CASSIE: No you don’t. Would you love your cockroach baby?
SARAH: … I WOULD TRY.
- youandibreatheconstellations reblogged this from sarahreesbrennan
- clarawebbwillcutoffyourhead reblogged this from sarahreesbrennan and added:
- rememberplaidshirtdays likes this
- betajtoj likes this
- starstangledinherhair likes this
- thescriptrix likes this
- siavahdainthemoon reblogged this from sarahreesbrennan and added:
- lauragmaldon likes this
- crayonsandteaparties likes this
- creativelemons likes this
- amusingmurff reblogged this from sarahreesbrennan and added:
- shipple likes this
- gwendabond likes this
- books-love-me likes this
- siavahdainthemoon likes this
- blasketsquidgirl likes this
- clarawebbwillcutoffyourhead likes this
- sarahreesbrennan posted this