Sarah Rees Brennan Live-Tweets Outlander Episode 3
and kills everyone of laughter
Someday civilisation will collapse and my bardic retellings will be all we have left. ;) Think on that!
(In vain I have struggled. It will not do. I am totally writing a parody for the TV show the 100. Also, as if you couldn’t tell, I have a ship.)
yogaobsessive said: hey actualmenacebuckybarnes told me to ask you about a rec list for books with lesbian/bisexual characters?
ohhhhhhhh what a wonderful recommendation to receive yes hello
i’ve actually answered another ask like this in the past but i can’t find it for the life of me so here we go
my personal favorites include:
- santa olivia by jacqueline carey
- fingersmith by sarah waters
- white is for witching by helen oyeyemi
- the lynburn legacy by sarah rees brennan
- the circle of magic by tamora pierce
- ash by malinda lo
- the telling by ursula k le guin
- silhouette of a sparrow by molly beth griffin
- the gemma doyle trilogy by libba bray
- kissing the witch by emma donoghue
- the graceling trilogy by kristin cashore
- the witch sea by sarah diemer
- otherbound by corinne duyvis
and the ones on my to-read list:
- fried green tomatoes at the whistlestop cafe by fannie flagg
- when women were warriors by catherine m wilson
- adaptation by malinda lo
- the princess trilogy by jim c hines
- i can’t think straight by shamim sarif
- the miseducation of cameron post by emily m danforth
- wildthorn by jane eagland
- the handmaid’s tale by margaret atwood
- tipping the velvet by sarah waters
- affinity by sarah waters
- the paying guests by sarah waters
- oranges are not the only fruit by jeanette winterson
- annie on my mind by nancy garden
- empress of the world by sara ryan
- ammonite by nicola griffith
- slow river by nicola griffith
- hild by nicola griffith
- china mountain zhang by maureen f mchugh
- she rises by kate worsley
- pantomime by laura lam
- love in the time of global warming by francesca lia block
- the drowning girl by caitlín r kiernan
- alcestis by katharine beutner
Take a look at all the very many gorgeous Young Adult titles coming out this month in the September issue of the Booktopia YA Buzz!
Best ship name ever <3
Holly and Angela are from The Lynburn Legacy by sarahreesbrennan
Angela has such beautiful hair. Holly has such beautiful eyes!
I guess either of them could say…
So I put up an Unmade snippet in honour of mine and Maureen Johnson’s London event tonight, at which exciting things may—probably will—occur!
And also all my tourinatin’ dates for the year… see you guys in Vegas! Or maybe New York. Or maybe Boston…
Monstrous Affections has arrived!
Oh Lord, look at how much longer my story is than everyone else’s. Well-chosen… words? Virtue in brevity?
I’m a monster and I must be stopped.
My friends, I have EXCELLENT news!
Have you recently found yourself craving torment? Soul-twisting misery? Feels that make you wanna cry and laugh and possibly cry some more?
The answer is yes. Don’t question it.
Well, I have the solution to all those problems:
Ta-da! (Graph made by Sondra, ‘cause she has skills and I suck.)
So, as everyone (EVERYONE) knows, UNMADE by Sarah Rees Brennan is coming out
ridiculously soonon September 23rd *throws confetti*, which means we have roughly a month before finally, finally getting our hands on the soul-wrenchingfinale to The Lynburn Legacy trilogy.
To celebrate, and perhaps because we are masochists, the lovely Sondra and I will be hosting a Lynburn Legacy Read-Along starting tomorrow.
Everyone should totally join. I 100% endorse it.
So, here’s how it’s going to work: The Read-Along will happen over tumblr and twitter, roughly during the set dates (above). Sondra and I will be both reblogging/responding/crying with you guys and moderating “Book Chats” over on Twitter.
The idea is that we (all) re-read UNSPOKEN and UNTOLD right on time for the UNMADE release—and then read that together as well. Misery loves company, right? Yay, shared pain!
(Coincidentally, if you’ve never read UNSPOKEN, this is a great time to do it! Yes. Do it. You want to.)
The times for the Twitter Chats will be announced once they get closer, because Sondra and I will have to coordinate silly time zone differences.
We’ll be using the tag #LynburnRead on twitter and tumblr, so if you are reading along (of course you are!) or making/posting content you’d like us to see, tag it with that!
(Alternatively, #JaredHasAFineAss is also a tag we’ll be tracking. I mean, no, that’s totally unofficial… you didn’t hear it from me.)
SO! If you want to join in this crazy awesome Read Along
you do, either message me or Sondra or make a post or tweet it or start tagging stuff with the tag—Basically, make yourself known whichever way you want. We’ll be waiting.
Tell your followers! Your friends! Your parents! Your dog! Your psycho-uncle-who-is-also-your-dad!
ARE YOU ALL EXCITED ABOUT THIS?! I am ;)
I am super excited this is happening! Look what a perfect opportunity has been handed to me to use this .gif. ;)
Even more than that, I am excited because of what a lovely thing this is. As I go toward the official end of the trilogy and an UNKNOWN FUTURE (there may be bears involved… bears in space) it is so beautimous to me to see love for this series which I love, and the idea of having a celebration-y reading time for it pleases me so much. I’m so happy Adriana and Sondra want to do it.
I will be makin’ myself available on twitter and tumblr, and use the tag, to answer any questions/cackle wildly at your pain.
'Have you recently found yourself craving torment? Soul-twisting misery?'
I feel really lucky that for my belovedest readers the answer was yes. ;)
queen of naps; "maybe I will indicate that I have one feeling, once a year.”
a mix for angela montgomery from the lynburn legacy series
1. salute. little mix/ 2. black sheep. gin wigmore/ 3. fly. nicki minaj ft. rihanna/ 4. femme fatale. sky ferreira/ 5. i love it. icona pop/ 6. hollaback girl. gwen stefani/ 7. revolution. the veronicas/ 8. my leftovers. porcelain and the tramps
*beaming when people love my darling grouch*
- Cake or death?
It’s been a while since I got angry online. I generally don’t miss it: but call me Mrs Ranty, today I felt that urge again.
- Anonymous said:You should crowd fund so we can get nice book 3 books. :P
I’ve thought about it. I’ve thought about doing Kickstarter, but the truth of the matter is that while I love my Archived readers with all my heart,...
do roman and peter ever make out
I have waited up for Tumblr to reply to me. They have auto-replied, which is not the same thing as a reply, as anyone who has gotten an auto-reply...
guys today i went through 300 pages of sarah rees brennan’s tumblr and i still haven’t found anything i don’t like about her it’s a miracle!!!